HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images   Tumblr  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SWITCH

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

BE NICE. ONLY STAFFERS HAVE THEIR NAME IN ALL CAPS. YOU HAVE TO MANUALLY REFRESH THE CBOX.

Latest topics
» Five Faction System RPG |PB|
on patrol. EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 6:37 am by Guest

» Whizz Bang! A Post Potter/Werewolf Army RP
on patrol. EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 6:14 pm by Guest

» △ The City of Jericho -- Jcink △
on patrol. EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 2:30 pm by Guest

» PARTY NEVER ENDS (JCINk) NEW - BH, CALI - NO APP NO SHIPPER
on patrol. EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 9:21 pm by Guest

» harry potter sorting quiz game!
on patrol. EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 2:32 am by Tatum Bolton

» THE GRAPHICS GAMES ♠
on patrol. EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 12:47 am by Guest

» Tesserae Claims
on patrol. EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 11:49 pm by Artemis Mork

» Moving!
on patrol. EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 8:03 pm by Tony's Superman

» Who Would've Won?
on patrol. EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 7:05 pm by Paris Blaze

SPN Legacies Atlantis Unveiled   Potter's Army DIVIDED WE FALL DIVERGE ▲ SixthStation TWF I Solemnly Swear...
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 43 on Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:44 am

on patrol.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chass Truman
Chass Truman
Peacekepeer
Peacekepeer

Alias : Tony
Job : District 5 Peacekeeper

on patrol. Empty
PostSubject: on patrol.   on patrol. EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 8:48 pm

Chass was taking his usual route around the outside of Panem. There had been talk that some people had been escaping and coming back into the boundaries. It was his job to catch them. He was supposed to immediately take them to the whipping post. However, he may have other plans for them. He's too nice to give orders, let alone whip a person. So he'd probably tell them to go back or make up some lie so they can get out of it. But he'd still advise them not to come back outside the boundaries, because they don't know if he'll be there to save them again.
Back to top Go down
Beatrice Skott
Beatrice Skott
District Ten
District Ten

Alias : lesley
Job : Teacher

on patrol. Empty
PostSubject: Re: on patrol.   on patrol. EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 8:26 pm

on patrol. Tumblr_ljm5fbQ42c1qdtmwjo1_500

AM I WRONG FOR THINKING OUT THE BOX FROM WHERE I STAY
Why do I insist on doing this?” Beatrice mumbled, looking over her shoulder every few seconds. Her father had talked her into searching outside the district for extra food, whether it was plants or other animals. So far, she had found a rabbit. Unfortunately, it bit her. Her finger was bleeding but she didn’t care. She was aggravated, outraged, and tired. Why couldn’t the Capitol take care of its people? Why did everyone have to suffer?

She could feel someone was watching her, but at the same time, she was sure her paranoia was getting to her. No one ever came out. They always claim peacekeepers are on patrol, but that was a lie. The electric fence every district was surrounded by never made a buzz.

She could hear the running water of the river around her. She decided to take her chances are fishing, despite the fact she had never fished before. She knew there were fish in the wonderful waters down below and she also knew the Capitol didn’t like them using the river. It was another way to get more food than they were allowed.

As she made her way down the banks, she was sure someone was following her. ‘Go away, go away, go away…’ she thought to herself. She settled down on a boulder, looking for grass to weave into a basket.
Back to top Go down
Chass Truman
Chass Truman
Peacekepeer
Peacekepeer

on patrol. Empty
PostSubject: Re: on patrol.   on patrol. EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 10:25 pm

Chass noticed a young woman, who didn't seem familiar. She seemed worried. He could tell from her posture that she was angry. Her body screamed hunger. She was weak, even if she didn't say so. He looked at her as she continuously tried to escape him. He didn't want to harm her at all. he was simply trying to help her. "You know you shouldn't be out here," he said. He didn't smile, but his voice was light. Friendly. He was trying to be as comforting as possible, maybe she just needed someone to talk to. Chass felt bad for her. He never saw someone so.. down. She obviously deserved better. She was probably a very great woman.
Back to top Go down
Beatrice Skott
Beatrice Skott
District Ten
District Ten

on patrol. Empty
PostSubject: Re: on patrol.   on patrol. EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 8:59 am

Beatrice had never made a basket before, but she remembered in school when they had “art,” they had to learn to make weaving baskets to carry seeds and feed in for their animals. Her mother was a master at it and never really asked Beatrice to help her. Beatrice sighed, her body still tensed, as she gathered some grass and reeds. She had seen her mother make baskets several times, it couldn’t be that hard.

A twig snapped behind her and she froze. She turned her head slightly, but saw no one. “Beatrice, stopped this…the peacekeepers never come out here,” she whispered softly to herself. She started weaving two strands of grass together and then added another strand. "You know you shouldn't be out here."

The voice wasn’t harsh, but she could tell there was authority in his tone. Every nerve in her body was telling her to run, but she knew if she did, he would capture her. The one time a peacekeeper was out, she was the one to get caught.

Maybe your Capitol should feed its people, then we wouldn’t have to break the law to get more food,” she said harshly, not even giving him a glance. She continued with her weaving, knowing she would get in trouble no matter what she did.

Back to top Go down
Chass Truman
Chass Truman
Peacekepeer
Peacekepeer

on patrol. Empty
PostSubject: Re: on patrol.   on patrol. EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 1:36 pm

Chass shook his head. The woman clearly did not understand. What was she thinking? However, she was still right. As though the Capitol didn't know. But they actually did. They all knew that that their people were hungry. Starving. Dying, simply because they're children. Dying because they had no clean water. It was truly a shame. But it didn't change the fact that she should still stay inside. If you were to come into the boundaries, at least be smart about it.

"If it was anyone else, they'd hit you." he said. He bent down to her level. He tried looking her in the face, but she seemed so reluctant to give him the time of day. "But I'm not like that." he suggested. "I'm here to keep the peace, not to enforce violence, because it does nothing." he said. " And you are right, however you still shouldn't be out here. You're lucky that it was me and not anyone else."
Back to top Go down
Beatrice Skott
Beatrice Skott
District Ten
District Ten

on patrol. Empty
PostSubject: Re: on patrol.   on patrol. EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 2:04 pm

Beatrice scoffed. This man didn’t get it, did he? He was probably use to the riches that came from being a peace keeper. She saw the guy squat down to her level, but she was determined to not give in and stare at him. Maybe if she ignored him long enough, he would go away. She knew that would be impossible, but anything was possible.

“If I was lucky, I would have been reaped. I would have won,” she mumbled under her breath. Whether she would have or not was up to fate, but she liked to believe that should have.

“Let me guess, you are going to take me to the town square, tie me up, and whip me. To make an example out of me?” she asked, finally letting her fingers rest and turning her head to look at him.

He looked different than the other peacekeeper that whipped her as a child. Of course he does, Beatrice, that peacekeeper is probably dead by now. “So if you are here to hurt me, as you say, then what do you want? Otherwise, leave me alone and let me finish trying to make a basket so I can feed my family.”

Back to top Go down
Chass Truman
Chass Truman
Peacekepeer
Peacekepeer

on patrol. Empty
PostSubject: Re: on patrol.   on patrol. EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 12:47 pm

Chass saw the anger in her. She was a fire ready to burn. What did she want him to do? He was only a man. "If you are so sure, then why didn't you volunteer?" he asked. His voice got in more of a commanding tone. She seemed so ungrateful to the fact that she had gotten out of every Reaping alive. She should be happy, but she wasn't. Was there another reason? "No, I'm not." he stated. "I'm just a regular person, like you. Don't think that we're all mean.. The Peacekeepers." Why would he whip her? She was clearly out of her District, maybe even far away, but she wasn't disturbing anything. "I'm here to help. What do you want me to do? Besides leave you alone. Because I can't do that. Another Peacekeeper will find you and definitely punish you for being out here."
Back to top Go down
Beatrice Skott
Beatrice Skott
District Ten
District Ten

on patrol. Empty
PostSubject: Re: on patrol.   on patrol. EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 11:59 am

Beatrice’s shoulders tensed up. Did he not understand honor? Granted, she was from a poor district with poor people, but that didn’t mean they didn’t have honor. “You’re kidding me, right?” she asked him. Did he think people just volunteered just to do so? “Some families, believe it or not, believe in honor. Now go away.”

She could tell he wasn’t going to leave anytime soon though. Her anger was slowly getting the best of her, that was, until he said he was just a regular person like her. Laughter escaped from her lips. She threw her weaving down, her hands in her lap as she turned to face him again.

“That’s hilarious. You’re a regular person, just like me? Tell me how many nights you skipped a meal for your family to eat or how many nights you started at the animals on your farm, wishing to be one of them because that guaranteed you ate that night? Please, inform me, Mr. Peacekeeper Man, just how much of a regular person are you?” she said harshly, glaring deadly at him. She didn’t have time to deal with this, not with someone who looked clean-cut and probably never had to worry about anything.

“How about I make this easier for you? You stand here and I walk that way?” she said, pointing in the direction that led towards town. Beatrice stood up on the rocks, looking for a nice stop to jump from.

Back to top Go down
Chass Truman
Chass Truman
Peacekepeer
Peacekepeer

on patrol. Empty
PostSubject: Re: on patrol.   on patrol. EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 12:28 pm

He didn't mean to upset the woman. She was obviously already mad before he had even opened his mouth. What was the matter? She had made it this far, and now she has a bitter attitude? Because she can't eat? And he can? "Forget what I said." he suggested. "But you should get that there is always someone that has less than you." he stated. He was trying to share wisdom. "Have you seen District 12? They have nothing." he stated. "So don't think you're the only one," he looked at her. "If it's that important, you can go away. And I am not regular, actually. If I was I would have dragged you back to the town square by now." he said. "But I'm not vicious. And cruel." he stated. He heard her speak about walking away, but he still wanted to speak with her. But whatever she wanted, was fine. "Don't get caught. And if you do, don't say I saw you. We never spoke." he stated.
Back to top Go down
Beatrice Skott
Beatrice Skott
District Ten
District Ten

on patrol. Empty
PostSubject: Re: on patrol.   on patrol. EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 1:38 pm

Beatrice took a deep breath. She could tell she was being rude and being hungry wasn’t helping. Yet, this person had several reasons to drag her to town and make her an example, yet he hadn’t. And all she had been was rude. She closed her eyes and sat back down. “I’m aware others have it just as bad, but please don’t forget we all live in the poor districts,” she said, her eyes still closed as she took calm breaths.

“My name is Beatrice Skott, I am a teacher in the District, and I will not apologize for my behavior; however, I will hear you out, if you have anything else you would like to add,” she mumbled, slowly opening her eyes. The birds were chipping now and the sun was high in the sky. She was sure that if the bugs could start biting, they would, but living in a district that had to deal with bugs also meant learning how to keep them away.

“Please, sit, have some water,” she said, pointing to the river.

Back to top Go down
Chass Truman
Chass Truman
Peacekepeer
Peacekepeer

on patrol. Empty
PostSubject: Re: on patrol.   on patrol. EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 2:15 pm

He saw that she finally saw that he was trying to agree with her, at least part way, the whole time. She was just being stubborn before, and wouldn't listen. But now that she had, they could have a normal conversation. "I know, I'm sorry for that," he stated. He took off his helmet and his hair blew in the wind. He finally exhaled. Taking off your helmet on duty really isn't allowed, but clearly, Chass does what he wants. Exactly what he wants. "I'm Chass. Truman." he stated. He liked how she said she wasn't going to apologize for her behavior. However, he didn't want her to in the first place. "I don't want you to, I see why you are upset, you're just.. not getting what you deserve." he stated. Chass sat like Beatrice said. "No, you have it, you need it more." he stated. Then he pulled his bottle from his waistband. "I'm good," he said, shaking it a little bit so she can hear the water inside.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

on patrol. Empty
PostSubject: Re: on patrol.   on patrol. Empty

Back to top Go down

on patrol.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rag & Bone :: Panem :: Outside the Boundaries-